|Series 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||20 October 2006|
|Written by||Lee Mack & Andrew Collins|
|Directed by||Alex Hardcastle & Nick Wood|
Kate's more successful Australian friend, Ruth comes to visit and the only thing the Kate has held over Ruth is that she is in a relationship. However, she hasn't told her about her breakup with Tim and ropes Lee into pretending to be Tim to keep up the charade. Still not over Kate, Tim becomes jealous and suspicious of Lee. The plan goes well until Tim turns up and pretends to be Lee. During dinner no longer able to keep up the act Tim reveals who he is and exposes Kate's lie, but no damage is down and Ruth leaves the next day still friends with Kate.
to be expanded
- "Because she's been lying and if she changes the story now she'll lose face quicker than the A Team in a maze."
- — Lee explaining to Tim why he has to pretend to be him
- "When she's around can't just you pretend to be a little bit more romantic?"
- "I can't just turn it on like a tap."
- "Force it!"
- "Alright, I can't just turn it on like a faucet."
- — Kate trying to get Lee to act more romantic in front of Ruth.
Main cast Edit
Guest stars Edit
- This episode was the third episode that received a DVD commentary, which was done by Lee Mack and director Alex Hardcastle.
- While it was the third episode screened, it was the first filmed. On the DVD commentary Lee Mack explained that it was done due to the fact guest star Julia Morris was several months pregnant and it was filmed first to prevent having to deal with a very noticeable baby-bump, which wouldn't suit her character.
|List of Not Going Out Series & Episodes|
|Series 1 (2006)|
|Series 2 (2007)|
|Series 3 (2009)|
|Series 4 (2011)|
|Series 5 (2012)|
|Series 6 (2013)|
|Series 7 (2014)|